We are a youth based advocacy group that focuses largely
CITY 2000 YOUTH ACTION INTERNATIONAL (C2YA) was formed as a community based organisation known as Tema Community Two youth Association in May 1997 and co-founded by Rudolf Francis Hans-Jorie and Henry Kwaku Appiah, and duly registered as such.
By dint of hard work and persistence in achieving its set objectives of environmental cleanliness, empowering the youth and the community, the organization was elevated to a non-governmental status and received its NGO certificate in the year 2000.
Since then, the organization has worked in the area of safe motherhood, malaria prevention and eradication, youth empowerment, civic education, shoreline cleaning, donation of medical equipment to hospitals as part of its health objectives and many others. C2YA presently holds social consultative status by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) to actively engage in its activities as related to the UN programmes such as the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Contribute to the significant reduction of infant and maternal mortality in sub-Saharan Africa
- Work to improve sanitation in Ghana and the sub-region
- Ensure a pollution-free shoreline and the beautification of Ghana’s shoreline to bring tourism and revenue to the country
- Help to improve the health delivery system in Ghana
- Introduce community self-help initiatives to accelerate the development of the country
- Promote gender and minority rights issues